Monday, February 4, 2013

2013 Wedding ideas

Good news for nostalgic-vintage loving brides-to-be...with the approaching movie release of "The Great Gatsby" this spring summer....Great Gatsby inspired 1920's weddings are HOT in 2013!

Picture of my grandmother Sallie Haueisen...lace gowns, veils, and bridal crowns are part of the look 

This is good news for me.  I make custom wedding cake toppers.   My toppers feature wedding figures cast from molds made from originals from the 1920's and 1930's.  In my opinion, the German Hertwig company made some of the finest wedding figures ever made.  I'm lucky to have 6 original figures in my collection.  



My most popular figure used today is a Hertwig figure customized with elements carved off...
 
 2012 June Sweet Pea Topper
 
More talk tomorrow about antique Herwig figures and elements of a classic wedding cake topper...

Got an antique-vintage wedding picture to share....contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment